Toyota of Fort Worth
Position Description: Cashier/Receptionist
Reports to: Service Manager/Controller
Position Information: The Cashier/Receptionist is responsible for the receipt of payment from customers and employees in payment for goods or services, and accurately records the amounts received. Must present a professional, friendly image. Perform general clerical duties. Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
- Receive cash, checks and credit card payments from customers and record amount received.
- Flag and close repair orders.
- Make change and issue receipts to customers.
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliation.
- Refer customers who have additional questions to the service consultant or other appropriate individual.
- Handle customer complaints with integrity and poise and escort or refer the customer to the appropriate individual for further communication.
- Perform general clerical duties.
- Attend training classes as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Answers incoming calls and directs the caller to the appropriate person, if asked for by name, or department.
- Communicates with callers in a professional, courteous and efficient manner, minimizing the time a caller is put on hold. Informs caller if there is no answer, requesting if they would like voice mail.
- Takes messages, if requested by the caller, including full name, time of call, reason for call and return number. Communicate messages to the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- For general inquires, provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Updated and distributes company telephone roster.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- May also assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, employees and the general public. Ability to work well with customers. General math skills. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet applications and company software. Ability to operate office equipment. Skill and ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and use a computer. Frequently works on a computer or doing other “close vision” work. Finger and hand dexterity required to operate a cash register and handle cash. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally requires the ability to lift 20 pounds of material.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date